Company: Purus Technologies Inc.
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Status: Full Time- 12 months Contract- This role is initially for 12 months but likely to be converted to full time permanent.
Last date of Application: 30th April, 2015
Company Profile: Purus Technologies Inc. is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC. We are a team of UV-LED reactor pioneers with extensive experience in research and development, technology commercialization, and management; with a passion for advanced water purification solutions. We develop the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology for personal and industrial applications.
Our vision is to completely transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling onboard real time water purification in variety of mobile and remote setting.
We are looking for an Electrical Engineer to join our growing team
The Electrical Engineer will be working directly with the CTO to engineer and establish new products. We are looking for someone who has very hands on and conceptual approach. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with Driver Boards, Board Layouts, and Power Supplies. The brief requirements for this role are as below
- Research and conceptual design of UV-LED drive and power supply.
- Develop specifications of electrical components and engineering design of circuit board for the operation of UV-LED modules.
- Apply circuit board design software to design and test different power source options such as rechargeable batteries, wall plug, and solar cells for UV-LED operation.
- Provide technical support for final electronic system prototyping and manufacturing.
- Perform technical and comparative economic analyses of different designs in order to select the best circuit board design and system.
- Provide technical support to chemical and mechanical engineering team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Min BSc Degree in Electrical Engineering, with minimum 3 years of experience with Driver Board and Power Supply.
- Higher qualification more experience will be an asset.
- Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
- We prefer engineers with entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
- Power Supply experience.
- Experience with Digital, Analog, Software, and Hardware Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with microprocessing.
- Extensive knowledge of Driver Boards and Board Layouts.
- Experience with and knowledge of Power Supplies.
- Project involvement and organizational skills to handle multiple priorities.
Management and other organizational Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to confidently explain information.
- Ability to work in a strong cohesive team in a typical start.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to implementing designs and solutions.
- Follow direction and lead change and respond to tactical changes.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively (Self-motivated and self-managing).
- Self motivated to work in a fast paced start up culture and believer in a successful future through hard work and value creation.
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting startup environment with fantastic technology.
- Competitive start-up salary and benefits.
- Stock Options and long term benefits.
- Health Benefits and Paid Time Off.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume/fill in application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Purus Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Purus Technologies is an equal opportunity employer.