Company: Purus Technologies Inc.
Location: Vancouver BC, Canada
Status: Full Time- 12 months Contract- This role is initially for 12 months but likely to be converted to full time permanent.
Last date of Application: 30th April, 2015
Company Profile: Purus Technologies Inc. is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC. We are a team of UV-LED reactor pioneers with extensive experience in research and development, technology commercialization, and management; with a passion for advanced water purification solutions. We develop the next generation of water purifiers, operating with cutting-edge UV-LED technology for personal and industrial applications.
Our vision is to completely transform the water purification industry for drinking water applications by launching disruptive technologies and products and enabling onboard real time water purification in variety of mobile and remote setting.
We are looking for a Research & Development Engineer, preferably with MSc Degree in Chemical or Mechanical Engineering, or related area to join our growing team.
The R&D Engineer will be working directly with the CTO to design and engineer the next generation of UV-LED reactor products. We are looking for someone who has very hands on and conceptual approach. The ideal candidate will have extensive experience with chemical or photochemical reactor design and operation, engineering design software, and CFD software.
- Research and conceptual design UV-LED reactors and systems for water treatment.
- Develop specifications of UV-LED reactors and engineering design for customized water treatment systems in both function and performance.
- Provide technical support for final product prototyping and manufacturing.
- Apply design software, CFD, AutoCAD, and SolidWork, to design UV-LED water treatment system allowing to visualize the system design and discuss the features of various designs.
- Perform experimental study of UV-LED reactor design concepts for performance evaluation.
- Conduct simulation experiment to evaluate the behaviour of UV-LED water treatment system under different conditions.
- Perform technical and comparative economic analyses of different designs in order to select the best UV-LED design and system.
- Provide technical support to electrical and manufacturing engineering team.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- MSc Degree in Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering, or related area with a min of 2 years of experience in a research and development engineering.
- Higher qualification more experience will be an asset.
- Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable.
- We prefer engineers with entrepreneurial and innovative mindset.
- Demonstrated success with designing, specifying, implementing, and manufacturing related equipment.
- Experience with CFD software such as Fluent and Comsol (preferred).
- Experience with design software such as SolidWork and AutoCAD.
- Project Management experience, leading multi-disciplined tasks.
- Proven track record of completing engineering equipment design from conception through final implementation.
- Excellent laboratory skills.
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience with, water treatment tests.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical systems aptitude.
- Project involvement and organizational skills to handle multiple priorities.
Management and other organizational Skills:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to confidently explain information.
- Ability to work in a strong cohesive team in a typical start.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving ability.
- Ability to implementing designs and solutions.
- Follow direction and lead change and respond to tactical changes.
- Able to prioritize and manage time effectively (Self-motivated and self-managing).
- Self motivated to work in a fast paced start up culture and believer in a successful future through hard work and value creation.
Salary and Benefits:
- Working in an exciting startup environment with fantastic technology.
- Competitive start-up salary and benefits.
- Stock Options and long term benefits.
- Health Benefits and Paid Time Off.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please forward your resume/fill in application to email@example.com. Purus Technologies would like to thank all applicants, however only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.